Monday, August 13, 2012

And the hits just keep coming

So, all of the granite is in. I wish I had taken a picture of the installers. When I got home Friday afternoon, I was greeted with a lot of “dude! No way!” and “this is some gnarly granite”. Or something like that. I hightailed it to the bedroom and hid until they left.

The granite is beautiful. And is going to be a bitch to keep clean. I just know it. I hope I learn to love tolerate fingerprints.

I left a box on the counter for no good reason other than
 I am amazing at staging photographs. Also, the floor is covered with paper.
Do not be alarmed and think we chose brown paper for our floor.


Our backsplash. It's growing on me. Also, another box!

We also got our cabinet door hardware and that’s where things took another turn for the worse. First, after I put the fear of god into our contractor about making sure all holes drilled were straight, he still drilled two of them wrong. And he had to order new drawers to replace those two. Sigh. But if that’s all it was going to be, I can deal – he was making it right at no cost to us, so all’s well that ends well, right?

Wrong. On Saturday, Jason decided to put the pulls in and what did we discover? That they are all off about 1/16th of an inch. Which doesn’t sound like a lot, but just take a look at what it looks like:

Yes, the cabinets still need to be adjusted, but i assure you,
that won't change how bad the pulls are.
So, where to from here? Hard to say. Our contractor was camping for a long weekend, so we’ll talk to him about it tomorrow. Jason seems to think that he can cheat the holes a little bit to fix this. But I don’t want wobbly handles if the holes are too big. And boy do I hope we don’t have to get new doors.

Also – in my most dreaded news: carpet comes Thursday. Yes, dreaded. Because we have to move everything out of our house. And it’s going to be 90 degrees. Anyone want to come and help?! Don’t all fight over the opportunity!

(Oh yeah, and since this blog is supposed to have a food component: I ate McDonalds twice this weekend, and had dinner at the movie theater. All healthy choices).

Dinners eaten at home since remodel began: 10
Dinners eaten out since remodel began: 39

No comments:

Post a Comment