Monday, August 6, 2012

The end is near?

This week is going to be a productive one; not only is all of the floor tile in place (it does need to be grouted still, but minor detail), but the countertops and backsplash are going to be installed. I have been most excited for the backsplash, so Thursday can’t get here soon enough. We also finally ordered our pendant lights for above the bar – after carefully reviewing about 3,247 options. However, we still need a kitchen table, chairs and a light for above the table. If you see anything that is pub height, dark mahogany, let me know. For the light, I have no idea what we are looking for. Let me know about that, too.

Another quality (aka blurry) picture. Do not be worried - the floor needs to be mopped.
And Jason is futzing with something.
  
In other news, can you believe it’s been 42 days since this started? And in that time, we’ve only eaten at home 10 nights. That’s honestly a little better than I thought we’d do, but our waistlines are definitely reflective of our choices.

Luckily for us, the Moran’s took pity on us and invited us over for dinner last night. I told Corey he could make whatever he wanted, but then he texted me the menu and in my head I was like “blech. Guess I’ll go hungry tonight” but I responded with “see you at 7!”. The reality was the I LOVED all of the food. We will definitely be making this in our new kitchen, in hopefully less than three weeks!



Two appearances in one blog post for Jason!

  
Dinners eaten at home since remodel began: 10
Dinners eaten out since remodel began: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment