Thursday, August 9, 2012

Our first setback

We reached our first setback. Which isn’t bad considering we are 6+ weeks into the process.

You may remember in my last post which was oh so long ago (I have a little bird that sits across from me and chirps at me about updating the blog), I indicated that Thursday was going to be a big day.

Was. Going. To. Be.

The granite installers messed up the template, so we don’t have granite in half the kitchen. And we can’t install the backsplash until we install the granite. And the correctly cut granite isn’t showing up until maybe Tuesday. It’s hard to pin these guys down. I live and die by schedules at my job. They do not have the same sense of urgency.

We did get the granite for the island and the desk and I believe the island slab weighed 800 pounds! It took four dudes to move it in. I love it. It’s so shiny and perfect. I just wish the rest of it had been done right.

Dinners eaten at home since remodel began: 10
Dinners eaten out since remodel began: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment